Pioneer – American Edition
This is an innovative course for young adults which takes learners from Beginner to Advanced level.
The course follows the requirements of the Common European Framework of Reference and focuses on the systematic development of key competences.
The course is organized into twelve topic-based modules, which allows learners to deal with a variety of topics in depth. In this way, learners are enabled to communicate successfully in English in a wide range of social situations and environments.
What is Pioneer?
Pioneer is based on a theoretically sound and empirically oriented syllabus that covers current ELT theory and language pedagogy – developed using authentic, expert input. Our flagship course for teenagers and young adults contains specific natural language that makes the material highly relevant and engaging for the student. All levels have been classroom-tested and have been carefully crafted by taking into account the extensive feedback gathered from teachers around the world.
Thanks to its clear approach with a strong communicative focus and substantial input from the real world, Pioneer ensures success.
- Motivating and contemporary topics with multicultural and cross-curricular information
- Lively dialogues presenting functional language in real-life situations
- Reading material from authentic sources
- An integrated approach to the development of the four skills
- Special emphasis on vocabulary building
- Grammar presented and practised in context
- Systematic development of reading and listening skills and subskills
- A variety of communicative tasks
- Step-by-step approach to writing
- Activities encouraging critical thinking and personal response
- Task-based activities preparing learners for the real world
- Practical tips helping students to become autonomous learners
- A round-up section in each module providing regular revision and consolidation
- A grammar reference section
Downloadable promotional material with sample pages of our books and instructions on how to use them to help you improve your teaching skills.